Connect with us

Sports

EPL: Make me first-choice goalkeeper or I’ll leave – Chelsea’s £71m goalkeeper

Published

on

Chelsea’s £71 million worth goalkeeper, Kepa Arrizabalaga has said he wants to be the club’s first choice again.

Kepa said he would hold talks with manager, Thomas Tuchel and if nothing concrete is decided, he would find an alternative.

The World Cup is by the corner and the Spaniard seems to have lost his position in the Spanish national team sitting on Chelsea’s bench week in and week out, meaning he may not be selected for the showpiece in November.

The 27-year-old said he is determined to ‘play more next season, whether that be at Chelsea or elsewhere.

Following the departure of Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid in 2018, Chelsea brought in the Spain international as the team’s first-choice goalkeeper.

He was signed for a fee of £71m at the beginning of Maurizio Sarri’s sole season in charge.

When Frank Lampard took over at Stamford, he purchased Édouard Mendy from Stade Rennais in Ligue 1 to replace Arrizabalaga.

Since then, Mendy has been the starting choice under Lampard and latterly Thomas Tuchel, leaving Arrizabalaga on the bench.

“Obviously, I want to play more,” Kepa said, as quoted by Metro.

“It’s true that he[Tuchel] is choosing another teammate [Mendy] and that’s what I’m trying to change in my day-to-day life. I want to play and that’s what I train and prepare for.

“For the good performances I’ve had, the feeling is that I want more. I want to play more…And if I can’t, we would look at different things, because my clear objective is to play.

“I will talk to the coach and we will decide, but with the clear message that I want to play more.”

EPL: Make me first-choice goalkeeper or I’ll leave – Chelsea’s £71m goalkeeper

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Aubameyang wins league title despite playing just 8 minutes

Published

on

By

Chelsea striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has become a league champion this season.

This is despite the Gabon international playing just eight minutes of football.

Aubameyang was recognised as part of LaLiga champions Barcelona’s title-winning squad despite the former Borussia Dortmund star being a Chelsea player since last summer.

The Catalans were handed the Spanish top-flight title on Sunday after a 4-2 win at Espanyol.

The African star was part of Xavi’s side at the very start of the season before he joined Chelsea and came off the bench for a late cameo in their opening game against Rayo Vallecano.

In the top flight of English football, players need to have made a minimum of five league appearances to be considered a member of the title-winning squad.

But in Spain and elsewhere in Europe that is not the case, meaning that Aubameyang’s eight minutes game for Barca are all he needed to be crowned a champion this term.

Aubameyang has endured a dreadful season at Stamford Bridge, having scored just three goals in 21 appearances.

Aubameyang wins league title despite playing just 8 minutes

Continue Reading

Sports

Messi’s replacement: PSG to sign Arsenal star for €65m

Published

on

By

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly set sights on signing Arsenal captain Martin Odegaard as Lionel Messi’s replacement.

As per a report in El Nacional, PSG are keen on signing Odegaard following his impressive season with Arsenal as Messi’s future with the French Ligue 1 champions is at the moment unclear.

The Parisians have been keeping tabs on the former Real Madrid midfielder and have decided to make a €65 million move to bring him to France.

PSG will have to battle Bayern Munich, who are also interested in Odegaard.

The report added that Bayern Munich manager Thomas Tuchel is also a big fan of the Norway international and has asked the Bundesliga champions to make a move.

Messi’s replacement: PSG to sign Arsenal star for €65m

Continue Reading

Sports

Torres vs Arbeloa: What ex-Liverpool teammates told each other during clash

Published

on

By

Former Liverpool teammates, Fernando Torres, and Alvaro Arbeloa, were involved in an on-pitch argument during Atletico Madrid Juvenil’s cup clash against Real Madrid on Sunday.

Torres’ Atletico Madrid side were knocked out of Division de Honor Juvenil after losing 4-2 aggregate against Real Madrid.

During the second leg of the last-eight encounter, Torres got involved in a serious verbal altercation with Arbeloa.

Due to the duo’s war of words, the referee was forced to intervene as Arbeloa was shown a yellow card while Torres was waved a red card.

However, according to Relevo, Torres threatened to hit Arbeloa.

The former Chelsea striker said: “I will blow your head off!”

Arbeloa responded: “Start whenever you want.”

Torres and Arbeloa played together at Liverpool between 2007 and 2009.

Torres vs Arbeloa: What ex-Liverpool teammates told each other during clash

Continue Reading

Trending